Tuesday 20 March 2012

Woman on a mission...

You say you need salvaged concrete blocks? I'll salvage them...

Since our discovery last week of the need for old blocks, Matt and I have hauled out any re-usable ones from the garden around the house:


And I am on a mission to find some from other people's houses.

I drove past this Warren & Mahoney house yesterday, spoke to the owner today, and will hopefully be collecting these beauties tomorrow:


Not sure if we will manage to salvage any from the Dorset Towers - the man I spoke to on Friday was very helpful, but the foreman today told me that they were going to grind all the blocks as they come off, so wouldn't be able to put any aside. Poo.

I'm still going to loiter around there over the next few days and see what I can get..

No comments:

Post a Comment