Thursday 4 February 2010

New bathroom tiles!

After we moved in, I quickly realised that the cork tiles in the bathroom and laundry were too disgusting to live with. Just putting a bathmat down made me feel icky, and walking in bare feet was just gross. So while Matt was on hands and knees scraping gunge off the quarry tiles, I did some research at Bunnings and got prepared to lay new cork down.

First, I had to pull up all the old skanky tiles - some just fell off, others were trickier..


Gross...



Then Matt sanded the poor old wooden floor, and I sorted all the tiles..


Stuck them down..


And finally, applied three coats of polyurethane..

Voila!

New floor!


As you can tell from the photos, the rest of the bathroom (cabinets and bath wall) are also in dire need of fixing up, but unfortunately it will have to wait until we have more $$$...

No comments:

Post a Comment